Objectives: At the conclusion of this conference the resident/student should have an understanding of endophthalmitis and should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology, causes, characteristics and management of endophthalmitis including:
- Endogenous Bacterial Endophthalmitis
- Fungal Endophthalmitis
- Post-traumatic Endophthalmitis
- Post-operative Endophthalmitis
- Chronic Endophthalmitis
- Discuss the purpose, inclusion criteria and the outcomes of the Endophthalmitis Vitrectomy Study
There are several sections in the Retina and Vitreous section of the BCSC concerning endophthalmitis. Please read through these.
In addition, please review the EVS.