The Global Sight Alliance is formed with the purpose of centralizing education and communication about the fight against cataract blindness including some of the following:
- volunteer opportunities – similar to the current Missioneyes.net search function which can match volunteers with organizations looking for help
- evidence based studies – an online library of key studies and articles that relate to cataract surgery and MSICS in the developing world setting.
- blogs and reports from doctors on the front lines – this is one way for volunteers to share their experiences with other interested individuals, as well as to engage newly interested health care professionals
- resources for planning support trips – this provides information and help for those planning a support trip.
- educational libraries – this includes surgical teaching videos and lectures, PPT presentations, and non-scientific published articles
- links to pertinent agencies and other organization’s websites
- discussion groups – this uses the ASCRS listserv format to facilitate online discussion and advice